Monday, July 5, 2010

Precious Face

Who could resist that sweet little face? Looking at this picture makes me want to pick her up and get some sugar! N is about six months old here and learning to sit up by herself.

I had a little fun using up some scraps on this layout, layering as I went. I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but the pink strip to the right of the green paper is folded accordion style. I also used a small piece of sewing trim along the bottom of the picture.

The embellishment at the bottom is a clear acrylic piece, which can be difficult to adhere, because you usually don't want your adhesive to show. Sometimes you can do a work-around by hiding the adhesive under something that sits over part of your clear piece. I wanted this to stand alone, however, so I had to come up with something transparent. I chose to run this through my Xyron machine, which isn't my favorite adhesive, but works well for this type of use.

As I've been doing throughout this scrapbook, I edged all the paper pieces in brown. It's one of the ways I'm trying to tie things together.

Enjoy!
Immi

No comments: