Monday, May 24, 2010

Bandana Boy

Here is a recent scrapbook page featuring A, using a photo taken when he was younger. I had this photo in a frame for quite a while, and planned to put in in my scrapbook when I switched pictures. The background paper is from a boy-themed kit I bought a while back, as is the chipboard sticker I placed on the photo. The grunge edge around the photo is from a set of rub-ons.

The stamps I used are acrylic, which offer some advantages over wood-mounted stamps. (Traditional stamps have their own strengths,too!) The word "BOY" was originally in a vertical format, but I wanted to use it horizontally. I cut the letters apart, and placed them on my acrylic mount the way I wanted them. It doesn't hurt the stamps at all to do this, and now I have the freedom to stamp this word either horizontally or vertically. The other stamp I used is a saying. I bent it into the curve I wanted on the mount before stamping. Neither of these options would have been available had I used traditional rubber stamps.

This page was very quick and easy - the rub-ons took more time than anything else.

Keep on crafting!
Immi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love what you've done with the stamps. This has always been one of my favorite pictures of A, and your scrapbooking captured it perfectly!
Sooks