Thursday, June 3, 2010

Paper and Tulle Flowers

Here is an experiment I tried recently and enjoyed very much. I saw a tutorial for this on a website. It involves cutting circles of increasing (or decreasing, depending on your perspective) size from paper and tulle.

The paper circles are layered, with tulle circles in between each layer. The stack is sewn together with a button on the top. I roughed up the edge of each paper circle with a tool containing a razor blade, made especially for such use. This gives a little more texture and interest.

The end result is fun, colorful flowers to use as accents on a card or scrapbook page. AND, of course, I love the fact that I'm using up odds and ends of my stash!



















Happy crafting!
Immi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these flowers. I think tulle makes just about anything look better!
Sooks

xinme said...

I love your little flowers! I saw your post to the AB Yahoo group and thought I'd check out your blog:) It would seem we're "kindred spirits" in several ways :) I look forward to visiting again!

Paula/xinme <><