Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today

This is a layout celebrating a personal accomplishment. I made this digitally using a quick page, adding text and photos. I printed it on cardstock, using our Epson color printer. This particular layout is 8.5 x 11, which is not the size I typically do (12 x 12).

It's been interesting to watch the changes in page size over the years I've been scrapping. When I first began in late 1998 or early 1999 (don't remember for sure), the only page size available was 8.5 x 11. Later, 12 x 12 became very popular. Now it's possible to find papers and albums in both these sizes as well as 6 x 6 and 8 x 8. With the proliferation of mini books you can bind yourself and other forms of altered books, the sky's the limit now. One of the professional scrapbookers whose style I admire, Ali Edwards, mixes page sizes within albums. It's also popular now to use divided page protectors along with scrapbook pages. The sections can be filled with photos, journaling cards, patterned paper or ephemera. This is an easy way to make use of more photos without doing a layout every single time.

I'd like to encourage you to make scrapbooking about the little, daily things as well as events. The big push today is for us to tell our stories. A scrapbook page doesn't even have to include photos to count!

Happy crafting!
Immi

No comments: