Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Here's a project I did recently for a friend who is getting married in August. K. asked me to make a book for her, similar to the one I'd done for K's wedding shower a while back.

This is made from a material called book board, which is like very sturdy tagboard or matboard. I covered it with some cool paper I found at Target. The inside cover is a blue scrapbook paper, with an overlay of a brown paper. The brown paper is pre-cut into a 12x12 sheet, somewhat like lace. It comes in other colors as well. I cut it down to the size I wanted, and glued it over the blue.

The blue ribbon on the cover was from my ribbon stash; I had to go shopping for the brown ribbon. I painted a chipboard letter for the cover, and glued a metal heart I had in my stash (it once was a button with a shank).

I first learned to make this type of book when my son got married. He asked me to make a guest book for the wedding. I've made a few more since then, and learn something new each time.

Enjoy,
Immi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this book....

Jennifer Harp