Thursday, June 26, 2008

Inchies

I've been reading about inchies for a while, but hadn't tried them myself. Oh! Maybe you haven't heard about inchies! Inchies are miniature works of art, and as the name implies, are one inch square. Now technically, I'm cheating, because I didn't have a one inch punch and had no intention of cutting out a bunch of one inch squares to try this. I do have a square punch that is 1 3/8", so I figured that would be close enough.

Here are the ones I've done so far. All of these were done using scraps of paper (love my scraps!), and rubber stamping. The inchie in the upper left has a layer of "Crackle Accents"on it, but it's still wet, so I don't know if it will work or not. The pear inchie has some "Frosted Lace Stickles" on it - it's a liquid glitter made by Ranger. The architectural-looking inchie in the lower center has a layer of "Sepia Accents" on it. Both the Crackle and Sepia Accents are made by Ranger.
I can see using these on a card or scrapbook page. I've also seen examples of multiple rows of inchies arranged and framed. These are fun, quick & easy - give them a try! Later I'll post some photos of something I've made using them. (I don't know yet what that will be!)


Keep experimenting!

Immi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! You are always finding great ways to use those scraps - keep the ideas coming!!
Sooks