Friday, July 18, 2008

ATC Week Continues

The ATC saga continues. I've really enjoyed getting back into this. I'm sure it's a passing phase, but it's fun while it lasts.

The first photo uses the same background you saw before in the "Layers, Texture, Glazes" swap. This swap is sender's choice. I didn't do too much extra to what I'd done for the background. I cut out some text from an old book of poetry, and glued that down along with a small flower. I haven't done it yet, but I'll put something fun in the center of the flower. By the way, I always make one of these for myself; I like to keep one to see what kinds of things I've done before.

The second photo is for, as you may have guessed, an Egyptian swap. In the world of crafting, things come and go. Several years ago there was an Egyptian phase; I haven't seen any of that for some time now. I had some ATCs left from a former swap back in the day, so I pulled them out to see how I could improve what I'd done before.

Everything is the same except for the figure on top. I thought it would be interesting to have that in gold, and I first tried painting over what I'd stamped with some gold Lumiere. Didn't turn out too well. Then it occurred to me that it might work better if I did the painting first, and then stamped on top. That did the trick; the stamped figure was much clearer that way. I also decided to mount the figure on the background with some dimensional adhesive so that it would stand out more. What you see behind the figure is metallic thread wrapped around a piece of cardstock. It's very inexpensive and there are many ways to use it.

Go do something creative!
Immi

No comments: