Monday, July 14, 2008

ATC Week

This week's posts will all be about ATCs (Artist Trading Cards). I participate off and on in a couple of swap groups, and enjoy making ATCs according to a set theme to trade with others. I'm in a swapping phase right now, so I'll share some of what I've been doing.

ATCs are always 2.5 x 3.5; I store the ones I've received in a binder fitted with plastic sleeves designed to hold baseball cards. I got started in this years ago when I was a demonstrator for Stampin' Up! One year they held the convention in Minneapolis, and the idea was to bring a bunch of ATCs you'd made to trade with others. I enjoy seeing miniature art works from others. Sometimes people from around the world participate in these swaps.


The first swap I signed up for in this latest round was for a sunflower theme. I have a thing for sunflowers, and I've got quite a few sunflower stamps. I actually had some ATCs left over from a swap long ago that I'd done with sunflowers, so I pulled those out and decided to add a little bling for fun.
You can't really tell from the picture, but I painted a glaze over the top for shine. Then I added dots of a glitter product made by Ranger called Stickles. These are ready to go in the mail; I'll post pictures of what I receive when they come in.
Happy crafting!
Immi




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the 'bling' you added - it's just the right touch!
Sooks