Monday, September 1, 2008

Pear Tag

Hey there, loyal readers! It's been a while since my last post, but I'm ready to go again. Tomorrow it's back to school, and the usual routine.

Yesterday, while checking out some blogs, I came across a challenge to use a technique I haven't seen in a while - an oldie but goodie. The challenge was posted on Tim Holtz' blog (http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/08/september-techn.html). You can see the specifics there.

I got out some inks, stamps and paper and had some fun. Here's the first one I did, which I used to make a card. This was only moderately successful, I think because there wasn't enough solid space on the stamp - mostly lines. The patterened paper is one I recently received in a swap of paper ephemera. I was glad to have a chance to use it right away; it's not the type of paper I would typically choose, but I think it worked well here.


The next two samples are from a pear stamp. The completed tag was the first stamping; the other one was the second stamping. I outlined both of them with a thin brown marker; I think it helped the image stand out a little bit better. Then I added some additional color around the images, using a combination of dye ink refill, thinned with water, and chalk, applied with water. I used a barrel type brush that has a reservoir which holds water; it worked great, especially for the chalk.
On the completed tag, I also added some mini beads close to the top. I used some red line tape, which works well for holding those little, teeny beads in place. The thread along the edges is a variegated specialty sewing thread, which I love to use. I also got out a punch I hadn't used in a long time, which notches the corners, and holds the thread nicely.
Till next time,
Immi

No comments: