Friday, March 21, 2008

Paper Scraps

I'm going to share a secret with you; I hoard paper scraps. In the process of making a scrapbook page or other paper arts, I end up with a lot of scraps! In a later post, I'll talk about how I store all those pieces of paper. For today, I wanted to share some cards I made yesterday, mostly from scraps. The card bases are not made from scraps; those are 8 x 11.5 pages cut in half.



Birthday Card

  • Torn scrap of dictionary page, painted
  • Scrap of blue patterned paper
  • Shipping tag (office supply store), painted & stamped; small scrap of blue on the end; scrap of ribbon through the hole

Birds on Blue Card

  • Torn scrap of book index, painted & stamped
  • Black scrap, deliberately torn
  • Leftover piece of blue paper












Birds

  • Torn strip from book index, painted
  • Torn piece of tissue paper, stamped
  • Shipping tag, painted (acrylic) & stamped; blue scrap on the end; ribbon scrap through the hole

Celebrate

  • Torn scraps from book index, painted
  • Blue scrap, stamped
  • Flower border, stamped & watercolored










Simple Thanks (L)

  • Shipping tag, stamped & swiped with ink pads; scrap of hem tape (swiped with ink pads) through hole
  • Leftover paper flower embellishment
  • Scrap red paper, torn
  • Scrap brown patterned paper

Simple Thanks (R)

  • Scrap from book index, painted & cut in shape of tag; stamped; edged with red from ink pad; red eyelet through hole
  • Leftover paper flower embellishment
  • Scrap brown patterned paper, torn
  • Scrap red paper, torn
  • Scrap black paper
  • Bird, made with punch (Martha Stewart)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the cards - I am quickly accumulating a mountain of scraps, so I need lots of ideas about how to use them up! Hurry up and move closer to me so I can get some personal lessons.
Sare