Saturday, March 29, 2008

Colored Tulle

I discovered yesterday how easy it is to change the color of tulle. I was working on a scrapbook page that had a sea theme, and wanted to use tulle to represent a net. All I had was white, so I wondered what would happen if I swiped an ink pad over the surface of the tulle. Lo and behold, I quickly had blue tulle! I used a Fresco dye ink pad, although I imagine another type of ink pad would work, too. I think dye ink pads would dry better on that type of surface. I tore the edges of the tulle so that it was very raggedy, and placed it along the edge of the page over some vellum shell stickers. I then glued down some pale colors of beads, and really liked the way it turned out. I didn't have time to take a picture, but I'll try to post one in a couple of days.
Happy experimenting!
Immi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, more pictures, please! Love all the great tips and ideas!
Sare