Monday, March 31, 2008

Paper Scrap Storage, Part 1

Here is the way I store my larger paper scraps. Some of these aren't scraps per se, they're 8.5 x 11 pieces of paper. As I've moved to scrapbooking with mostly 12x12, I've ended up with a lot of leftovers from the "olden days" when I worked with the smaller size. The other pieces in this file tote are those that are too large to fit in my smaller scrap storage drawers. I'll talk about the small scraps tomorrow.





I've found that for most of my paper storage I prefer a vertical rather than horizontal system. This is an inexpensive tote, probably from an office supply store. (I've had it so long I don't remember where I got it!) It contains hanging files, neatly labeled by color (I love labels) and alphabetized (I even alphabetize my spices!). It's wide enough to hold paper scraps that are up to 12" wide. I keep it close at hand in the desk/storage unit my husband built for me.





Scraps can quickly get out of hand; I encourage you to experiment and find a system that works for you!





Immi



















No comments: