Monday, March 31, 2008

Going Out Like a Lion

I'm sitting in my studio (sounds really fancy, doesn't it!), watching snow swirling outside. We may get several inches today. I think that constitutes going out like a lion.

Here's a photo of part of the scrapbook page I mentioned in the post about blue tulle. The background is a patterned scrapbook paper; no work there. I placed the vellum seashell stickers along the right side, with the tulle on top. I poked holes for the buttons and sewed them on with dental floss (I didn't have any clear thread or fishing line around). I used Judikins Diamond Glaze to adhere the beads. For the beads, I started out with a few clumps of beads, but decided I'd rather have an irregular line going the length of the tulle. The D.G. also served to adhere the tulle rather than relying only on the spots where buttons were sewn. I found it easiest to work with the beads in sections. I'd squeeze a line of adhesive and place the beads down. Because of the tulle, they didn't immediately stick securely to the paper. I placed plastic wrap on top, and weighted it with a heavy book. I think I did it in three sections. Afterwards, I rubbed over the beads with fingers to check that they were secure; if they came off, I used additional D.G. & weighted as before.

Keep experimenting!
Immi

No comments: