Monday, May 19, 2008

Aunt Sooks' Sunglasses

Sometimes, I feel overwhelmed by my pack-rat tendencies; other times I'm smugly virtuous when I have an opportunity to use up something I've had around for a while. (Surely you've guessed by now that I'm currently feeling smugly virtuous!)

I first started a scrapbook when my beautiful daugher (Sooks Malooks) was a senior in high school. I conceived the insane notion of chronicling all her school years in scrapbook form to be displayed at her graduation open house. I stocked up on variety packs of cardstock (almost everything back in those olden days was 8.5 x 11), page protectors, and stickers. This was the heyday of decorative scissors & stickers - everything looks much more sophisticated and artsy now.

Thanks to dumb luck, I had saved samples of school work from kindergarten in separate folders. I say dumb luck, because when I went to conferences, the teachers would present me with a "folder" made of construction paper that my child had decorated for the occasion. Without that, I would have had a mess with no idea what belonged to each year. (My advice is to do this yourself, if your child's teacher doesn't do it for you - you won't be sorry!)

All this is leading up to today's post. The stickers on this page are leftovers from doing first my daughter's and then my son's school scrapbooks. I saw a similar idea in a magazine the other day, and knew at once that this was how I could make use of those stickers. (The photos are of A, wearing Sooks' sunglasses.) I honestly don't come up with many original layouts, but I don't mind using someone else's ideas - that's why those magazines are there!

Happy creating!
Immi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I don't think I could make it through a scrapbook without stealing ideas from magazines!
Sooks
p.s. Dark? Dark? Dark!