Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Paperweight

I've been spending most of my creative energy on catching up with the school scrapbook, so I haven't had much time for personal creative endeavors. However, I did promise recently to post a picture of another paperweight I made. This was made at the same time I made paperweights for my co-workers at Christmas a couple of years ago, so it's the same style.
I knew I wanted something with an old-world feel. I have lots of reproductions of wonderful old paintings (rescued from the library weeding), so I pulled out an assortment that I thought my intended recipients would like. I took them to a copy place, and made reduced size color copies of each one. I did a little cutting and pasting to get them all on a couple of sheets, and then made color transparencies out of them. This enabled me to create a layered effect with text or a map behind the transparency of the painting.
Once I had the color copies made, it was simply a matter of trimming everything to the size of the backing and putting it all together.
Thanks for looking!
Immi

No comments: