Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Collage










Here's a sample of a collage I did using an old book cover as the base. I like to keep these handy at my painting station. (See http://experimentsincreativity.blogspot.com/2008/04/finished-metal-tray.html) I usually glue used gift tissue paper down first (although I didn't do that first on this one). I like the wrinkles. I wrap the paper around to the back, but I don't worry about how the back looks. Later, I'll choose paper to cover it up.


For this collage, I'd already done some painting with craft store acrylic paints. I used a variety of stamps on some tissue paper, then glued that over the painted surface. The paint color can still be seen, but is toned down considerably. I began playing around with placement of images. Once I know where I want them, they're glued down. Sometimes the glue I use is craft glue; other times I'll use acrylic medium. After the gluing is done and dried, I do coat the piece with acrylic medium to protect it. Then I pulled out some pearl beads, a butterfly charm, and a piece broken off a decorative bobby pin. When I had them where I wanted them, they were adhered with Diamond Glaze. I use inexpensive stands from he craft store to display these.



Have fun creating!



Immi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your book cover collage! That one would look especially great in your vanity. Tres chic, dahling.
sooks