Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Confessions of a Lazy Scrapbooker

I have a confession to make: I'm a lazy scrapbooker. Yes, I know it's shocking beyond belief, but it's true! I admit to you all, that I don't put a lot of time into the majority of my layouts. I look at the wonderful magazines and imagine myself doing work worthy of gracing the cover. The colors are carefully chosen, and each piece of the layout is placed just so. They're so appealing! Then I sit down with my pictures, and I can't summon the energy to make mine that cool. Sometimes I think I'll "scraplift" a layout, but it never quite turns out that way.

Anyway, here's a layout (long overdue) of the A-man last summer, "drinking" coffee from Abba's cup. Don't worry, mom, he didn't get even a taste! It sure looks like he's into it, doesn't it!

My printer won't handle 12x12 paper, so I used a trick I learned in one of those beautiful glossy magazines. I created a text box in Word, and sized it so that it would line pretty much half way on a 12" piece of paper (keeping in mind that Word assumed I was using 11"). I cut off a strip from the big piece of paper and adhered it with a temporary adhesive to an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper. I ran it through the printer, and removed my cardstock strip from the paper. I taped the cut strip to the rest of the page on the back. To help cover up the seam, I used a black piece of rick rack. Guess it pays off to read those magazines after all!

Pull out some pictures, and do a simple layout; as long as you like it, that's what counts!
Immi

No comments: