Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tribute to a Friend

One of the couples from church is moving away soon. We're really going to miss the whole family. They've been such a great asset, and fun to boot!

I wanted to make something to give her before she leaves, and I thought about some blank paperweights I've got. These are so easy to make it's almost ridiculous! I made several for my co-workers a couple of years ago for Christmas, and they were well received. I made one for myself then, so I'll post a picture of that one another day.

This one is a patterned scrapbook paper, a sticker, a paper flower, and a button. I wasn't kidding when I said they're easy - practically foolproof. The hardest part was choosing which paper and which flower. Once I had that done, the rest took maybe 5 minutes. The blank paperweights can be ordered online, and come with the glass, a pre-cut form with adhesive on one side for your decorative elements, and a "velvet" paper backing, also with adhesive on one side.

Keep creating,
Immi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun gift idea. Maybe I need to start thinking ahead to Christmas!!
Sooks