Thursday, April 10, 2008

Frame Makeover

I recently received a watercolor of a place my husband's family has visited many times in Sulphur, OK. I liked the watercolor, but didn't care for the way it was matted or framed. I thought at first of buying a new frame, but then it ocurred to me that I should try transforming the old one.



I found a beautiful espresso brown metallic acrylic paint at the craft store which looked just right to me. I mixed it with approximately an equal amount of glazing medium (love that stuff!) and spread two coats on the frame with an el cheapo sponge brush. (I buy them when they're 10/$1 at the craft store.)



I'm happy with the way it turned out. I haven't found a pre-cut mat that will work, so I'm going to take the painting and frame in and have a mat cut for it. This was an easy and cheap transformation - give it a try!



Immi

No comments: