Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Personalized Planner, Cont.

Here are some photos of my finished planner. I originally thought I'd use white behind the cover pages, but I decided I preferred the way the covers looked against black.



I had fun going through my stash of papers, pulling things out with orange. It was great to be able to find paper I wanted to use without having to make a trip to the store; I guess it's not so bad, having all these supplies on hand!



After everything had dried, I had to trim excess paper from the edges, and punch holes. Not the most fun, but necessary.



For tabs, I used a punch I bought recently that punches the shape of a ticket. It's a rectangle, with half circles at each short end. The corners are cut off at an angle. I punched a piece from each of the papers I had used, and ran them through my Xyron. I have a love/hate relationship with my Xyron. It's great adhesive, but there's always adhesive residue at the edges of whatever you've run through it. It's quite frustrating to rub it all off with a special "eraser". Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.



Anyway, I folded the ticket shape over the edges of the pages to create tabs, and painstakingly rubbed off excessive adhesive. I pulled out my label maker (love that!), and used clear labels for my categories. I printed a label for both sides of the tabs, so I can see what my sections are from either direction.



After the labels were on, I reassembled the book. Then just for fun, I pulled out some odds & ends of ribbon (we'll talk about ribbon storage some day) and tied short pieces onto the binder rings. All done, and I think I'll enjoy using it! It's so great when I can combine organizing & crafts!!



Immi















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Very cute. Makes me wish I had a kit like you bought so I could get started on one too!
SB