Saturday, April 26, 2008

Minnesnowta

First off, I'd like to say I realize there is nothing original about the title of today's post. It just seemed too applicable to pass it up. When we went to bed last night, it was still raining, and just as promised, by morning it had turned over to snow. Today it snowed off & on - sometimes sleet mixed with snow, and the wind was so fierce! As one of our local t.v. anchors (transplanted from California) said earlier this week, this is "just sick and wrong!". My sentiments exactly!


I was thinking earlier today about when I began my blog, and the weather was very similar at the end of March. It was a good day to get some cleaning and organizing done. I get very excited when my husband is in the mood to organize! I gladly volunteered to go to Target to get the shelves he needed. His books are threatening to take over. Now that I think about it, our whole house is full of books. Except for the two bathrooms, every room in the house has books.


I've even got a lot of books that belong to the church library. I'm the librarian, and I've been trying to get labels on the books so they can be shelved in some semblance of order. I wheel my suitcase in, fill it with books, and take them home. Then I find Dewey numbers for them on the internet (sometimes it takes a lot of looking) and put the info on labels. When I've got a full sheet of labels, I print them out and put them on the books. Then it's back to the church building, where I put protective labels on the spine and shelve them. Slowly but surely, the library is taking shape.

I had a chance this weekend to do some catching up on the school scrapbook. By default, I've become the school scrapbooker. My boss really likes to have something to show people so they can see some of the faces of our program. We do a new one each year; fieldtrips, graduation, awards, community service, etc. It was high time I got something done; I hadn't done anything, and it's almost the end of the year.

I think we'll veg tonight with a movie. I have an idea for a post for next week, showing some fun push pins I did for my bulletin board. I'll try to get some photos tomorrow, so I can post on Monday.

Happy creating!
Immi

No comments: