Friday, April 4, 2008

Metal Tray Makeover, Cont.

These photos show the stages I've completed so far. The first coat is gesso; the second coat is a mixture of shades of red. Looks worse than the original, but I'm not giving up yet!

After the red dried, I added a mixture of shades of yellow. In the photo, you can see that the paint is still wet. The last photo shows the dried yellow with some sanding. I think my sanding block is worn out; it took a lot of elbow grease, and I still don't have the effect I want. Hopefully once I get a new sanding block, I can get rid of more of the yellow to see the red beneath. It's still not particularly lovely, but I do like the way it looks with some of the yellow removed.

I'll keep you posted on how it's going.

Keep creating,

Immi














No comments: